The Power of Perspective
The mind is a powerful tool that will and can work for or against in working towards our nutritional and fitness goals, I’m aiming to try and adjust that for you so that you will maintain a healthy and long term weight loss so here is a little mind exercise for you.
Go to near the end of your life. Imagine that it is many years from now and you have decided NOT to follow any of my nutritional or fitness plans to lose weight. Instead, you carried on trying one diet after another, continuing to gain weight and lose your precious vitality year after year after year…............
- What were the consequences of that decision on your health?
- What were the consequences on your relationships?
- What were the consequences on your sense of well being?
- How do you feel in your body?
Now…........ Take a few moments to imagine following my nutritional programme and easily reaching and maintaining your target weight.
- How good does this feel?
- How much energy do you have?
- What are you able to do?
- What clothes are you able to wear?
- Who are you with? What are you doing?
- Exactly what will it be like when you have lived at your target weight for years and years?
Now hold those positive thoughts!